Sunday 28 November 2010

200

I was going to use this milestone post to write 200 words to characterise myself, but, on reflection, it's all in the blog anyway.
A long time ago, not long after I got married, a (female) friend of mine, who I'd almost, but not quite, got involved with on a couple of occasions and who I still held a candle for to some extent, asked me the $64,000 question one evening - "Are you happy?". My answer at the time was that I was, around 90% of the time. Now, fifteen or so years on, I think the 90%/10% ratio still holds, except that the happiness quotient now seems to be the lower figure. It's mostly my fault, but I feel I've spent much of the intervening time painting myself into a corner, which I now can't escape from without causing myself, and more importantly my family, lots of pain and suffering. This is going to be a pointless, rhetorical question, but I'm going to ask it of myself regardless - where did I go wrong? There must have been a crucial bifurcation where I made a bad decision and which has led me to where I am now.
*Sighs*

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment