Sunday 21 November 2010

There's cute....

....and there's super cute! In order of seeing them, there was a boy from my daughter's Friday drama club who she likes and who she'd arranged to go into 'town' with today - it wasn't quite a 'date', but she was very happy that he'd wanted to go - and who I hadn't seen before, because my wife normally does the 'taxi' duties for the Friday activity. He was nice looking, but not, to me, jaw dropping, so the potential nightmare scenario of my falling for one of my daughter's friends is postponed, at least. Cute, though.
Part two of the day's encounters was somewhat different, though, with my third brush with the boy (visiting/revisiting) next door. Oddly enough, it was my wife who spotted him this time, looking through our living room window - she seems to think that he's our (divorced) next door neighbour's son, although on what evidence, I've no idea. If he is a blood relation, I've probably had a near miss from what could have been a very sticky situation, because he's so lovely, and to have him actually living next door would have made it very difficult to go about my daily life without quickly giving away my interest.
If I might be allowed a little 'soapbox' moment, I spotted this quote from David Cameron on another blog (It's Getting Better, thank you Micky) a couple of days ago, talking about homophobia - He added: “Britain is a diverse, open, tolerant place. This is not the sort of country where we label people for being different.” I wonder if his comment would be extended to boylovers like me. I suspect not.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B


No comments:

Post a Comment