Thursday 25 November 2010

Winter....aargh!

I glanced out of the window at around 9:00 this morning, to find that it was bloody snowing! Horrendous! I have little doubt that it's down to old age, but I've got a thoroughgoing aversion to snow and ice these days, not helped, I guess, by having spent the last 10 years living somewhere that gets very little of either. The snow didn't last long, and didn't stick - all evidence of it was gone in little more than an hour - but it was an unwelcome reminder that winter is imminent, if not here already, and there's three or four months of it still to come.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    Am I right in thinking you're in Cornwall at the moment? If so, snow is particularly unexpected and disconcerting! It hasn't arrived in Cambridge yet (looks out of window to check!), but it's forecast at the weekend. Meanwhile, it's suddenly bitterly cold, with sharp frosts over the last few nights, and a biting wind from the north or east. Winter has definitely arrived :-(

    Otherwise, I hope your week off is allowing you some time to rest and recuperate, and to enjoy the comforts of home.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mark
    Yes, I'm at home and luxuriating a bit, although I still don't seem to be getting quite as much sleep as I was hoping for - my wife is working this week, and my daughter's at school as well, so the assortment of alarms in the morning put paid to any chance of a lie-in!
    The snow didn't amount to anything much this morning - it was more the shock of seeing it that made it noteworthy. There is more forecast over the next day or two, though, and looking out of my window, it certainly seems like it's going to be another frosty night to come.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete