Sunday 14 November 2010

Feeding frenzy

Just under 6 weeks to go, and it appears that the annual ritual of people spending ludicrous amounts of money on things they don't need, otherwise known as Christmas shopping, is already in full swing. When we went to our regular supermarket at lunchtime today, we struggled to find a parking space in what is a pretty large car park, while the store itself seemed to be awash with humanity, all intent on completing their particular retail mission, with little or no consideration of anyone else in the process. My daughter and I apparently got in the way of some thuggish looking bloke at one point, and he looked as though he was tempted to push her out of the way - all I can say is that I'm pleased, for his sake and mine, that he didn't succumb to that temptation, because I would've lost it completely if he'd laid a finger on her. As it was, I made a sarcastic comment, very audibly, but he chose to stomp off to his next port of call. Preparations for the season of goodwill, evidently.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment