Saturday 27 November 2010

Truce

After last night's fireworks, today was cool, in more ways than one. I speculated about whether I would be expected to apologise, because if that had been an overt suggestion, I might have lost it again, but nothing like that came about. All in all, 'polite but reserved' might be the best way of describing today's interactions. It may well be that things can be mended, but is that what I want? I don't know yet.
For all the upset of the last 24 hours, I'm still not looking forward to going back to work on Monday morning. I've never, even in the earlier days of my career when I was actually keen on the job, enjoyed going back to work after more than a long weekend off, and even then, not always - I think I'm naturally lazy, and having enough interests in my life to never get bored , I could very easily adapt to retirement, or whatever you want to call it. At least I can take solace in the fact that I've only got to work for another three weeks before I get another week and more off, as part of my first decent Christmas break for 25 years. Assuming, of course, there's been no resumption of domestic hostilities in the interim.
On a lighter note, and something I was going to mention yesterday before being overtaken, if not overwhelmed, by events, I've found a couple of blogs written by Cornish teens which look as though they might be interesting. I'm only keeping tabs on them as yet, rather than going for all-out public following, but it's nice to hear what people who live 40 as well as those who live 4000 miles away have to say about life.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment