Sunday 7 November 2010

Pretty good weekend, except....

....it having to end, and my having spent most of it limping. I've had creaking knees, on and off, for a few years, but this weekend's problem is a new one - really sharp pains down the inside of my right knee (the medial ligament, I think, although I stand to be corrected), especially when walking down stairs. With the help of an elasticated knee support and some beefy painkillers, I've managed to function, but it wouldn't have been my ideal scenario for my weekend at home.
Leaving aside my aches and pains, though, it's all gone pretty well over the past couple of days. Nothing earth-shatteringly wonderful has happened, but we've managed to do some family stuff, including going out for a meal yesterday evening, which was nice given that it doesn't happen so often these days, as well as some quality chill-out time, always welcome in my somewhat fraught current lifestyle. There have been plenty of fireworks over the weekend as well, even this evening (I thought it was supposed to be the 5th of November we remembered, can these people not read a calendar!) - not really my cup of tea, but there is some chemical artistry there, even an old curmudgeon like me has to admit that!
As if to underline the generally positive mood of the moment, my weekend is coming to an end with a smile - DJ's latest post, with recordings of him jamming with his hockey buddy who plays drums, was thoroughly uplifting. Not to everyone's taste, I'm sure, but for an unreconstructed rocker like me, great stuff, and nice for me on a personal level to see the boy having a good time, given some of the stuff he's had to deal with over the last few months.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment