Sunday 9 February 2014

Another boy in the moon, but eclipsed

As predicted, I washed up in the nearest Wetherspoons to the potential new abode this afternoon, and, equally predictably, 'smiling boy' was conspicuous by his absence. The place was fairly busy, Sunday lunch in the pub seemingly being popular in that area, but I managed to find a table near the bar. It was a four seat table, though, the smallest they've got, and it wasn't long before I was asked if I minded sharing. It wouldn't have been a problem in any case, but the fact that my 'table mates' were a couple and their cute son caused me no pain at all. The boy was about 9/10, nice to look at, although not quite as attractive as his counterpart of three weeks ago, but pleasantly chatty, sitting next to me and talking about the iPad game he was playing. Just for once, I thought, my luck might have changed, that I was going to have some parentally sanctioned quality time with a cutie, but, needless to say, it didn't work out that way. Less than 10 minutes later, another table became vacant, and they moved. I could still see the boy for a while, but then a bit of a 'musical chairs' session left him tucked into a corner and out of my eyeline. If you expect nothing, you can't be disappointed, but to have a fleeting moment of connection, and to then have it taken away almost immediately is pretty dispiriting.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I got some tummy looks today. At a 28yo, but male nonetheless. The camaraderie was awesome.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Glad you had a good day. I guess mine constituted a 'near miss', but I was pretty disappointed at the turn of events at the time. Still, two visits to that pub, and two cuties is a pretty good average, let's hope it continues, especially if it does turn out to be my new 'local'.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete