Saturday 8 February 2014

Dreams that will never come true

On my way into work at lunchtime, I called into one of 'worktown's' supermarkets for some supplies. By the shop door, a volunteer was collecting for a children's charity, one of those 'make a dream come true' kind of organisations. As I passed her, coming out of the store was an utterly dreamy cutie, straight out of a chocolate box picture, easily the cutest boy I've seen all week. The irony wasn't lost on me, the promise of a dream come true, and the reality of how my life is actually lived. Tomorrow, unless apocalyptic weather intervenes, I'll be heading for what I'm hoping will be confirmed as 'new home-ville' in the next couple of days, and, in all probability, I'll find myself in the local Wetherspoons at some point. Although I know that the chances of my seeing 'smiling boy' again are somewhere between infinitesimal and zero, I'll be looking out. And I'll end up disappointed. Another hopeless dream. Who'd be a boylover? No-one in their right mind, not by choice, anyway.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, you're close to moving abodes!! WOOHOO!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Hopefully, the new place is going to work out, but in my usual glass half empty mindset, I'll believe it when I see it. If not, it's back to the proverbial drawing board.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete