Wednesday 5 February 2014

Bonny, Scotland

Another positive step yesterday, as the Scottish Parliament voted overwhelmingly in favour of marriage equality. Needless to say, the howls of outrage from the religious right followed immediately. 'We're persecuted, because we can't persecute you' would be my paraphrase of the reaction. Well, that's a bit of hard luck you're having. Live your lives, believe what you want to believe, that's fine by me. But if you think you and your imaginary god(s) can dictate how I live my life, then I cordially invite you to fuck off.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I agree 100%. I figure in a few years, once the hullabaloo over gay marriage here is over (Virginia, oddly enough, might be next as the judge in the federal lawsuit said she would be "heard from shortly" and almost cancelled oral arguments since the Attorney General switched sides and sat with the plaintiffs. We shall see.)

    Want to take bets on who the Christofacists might go off on once us gays are out of their sights? I can't decide!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Whoever the next scapegoat is, you can be sure their arguments will be just as irrational. And here's hoping your state jumps to the 'right side of history', and soon.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete