Wednesday 19 February 2014

I'd rant, but it's pointless

The front page story in today's Daily Mail is a study in shameless exploitation of people's prejudices to slur a political opponent, a faux scandal involving a number of senior Labour politicians' alleged links (very tenuous links, if links at all, needless to say) to a much reviled advocacy group - which disbanded thirty years ago. That didn't stop the filthy right-wing rag presenting the story as though it was something that was happening right now, of course. But, given the subject matter, the sheeple will swallow it mindlessly - because the advocacy group concerned was the Paedophile Information Exchange. As soon as the 'P-word' is used, 99% of the population cease to think, and just react with the same old, tired kneejerks. Any attempt to introduce a perspective other than the politically correct 'absolute evil' meme is just a waste of time and effort, and, what's more, setting anyone who dares to voice such an alternative view up as a target for abuse, or worse. I've no appetite for wasting my time, and even less for being a target, so this is as much as I'm prepared to say. Except that I despise the Daily Mail, and all its works.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'm still searching for the article you mention.

    In the mean time, I'm educating myself with:

    "Forty men left without TESTICLES due to botched medical care win payouts from the NHS."

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Andy
    It was yesterday's main headline, and today's too - the excuse for a newspaper is now demanding the politicians involved 'apologise'. Contemptible, as far as I'm concerned, given that the sole purpose of the farrago is to discredit their political opponents.
    The NHS is a thoroughly good thing, in my opinion, but, like any human organisation, it's far from perfect. For these men to have come to harm is very sad, but the fact remains that far, far more people are helped than damaged - including me, not so many months ago, of course.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete