Saturday 15 February 2014

Sweet sixteen, but no 3/3

Around about this time, sixteen years ago today, I was collapsing into bed after an unbelievably long day, which had begun with a phone call from a maternity unit at 2:30 in the morning, and ended with my becoming a father. My little girl is all grown up, 16 today. How time flies, and all that.
My run of luck in my (hopefully) soon-to-be new local came to an end this afternoon - it was my first visit there without seeing a cute boy. Not that I seriously expected anything else, but I did harbour a little hope that 'smiling boy' might have put in another appearance. Never mind, I still like the place, and I'm sure I'll find myself in there from time to time once the move is finalised.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to K!!!! And hang on to hope. That new local hasn't been fully vetted yet. I am sure it will improve with time.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Thanks for the good wishes, I'll pass them on to K the next time I speak to her. The pub will do just fine as it is - any eye candy is strictly a bonus.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete