Tuesday 11 February 2014

Good news day

I had an e-mail from the estate agents this afternoon - with a substantial bill attached - the upshot of which, now that I've paid out almost £3000 via my online banking service (although, to be fair, more than half of that is the deposit, which I should get back eventually), is that the flat is ours, subject to signing the tenancy contract. I texted K a while back, and she's rather excited, shall we say!
Earlier in the day, she'd texted me with some excellent news of her own - she decided to pay to have the English GCSE she took before Christmas remarked, and the result came back today - she was awarded 6 extra marks, which has taken her grade from a B to an A. She could have retaken the exam in the summer to try for a better grade, but she won't need to do that now, which will leave her more time to prepare for her other subjects. It's a nice change for me, and probably for you, my long suffering readers, to see a positive post here. I'm making no predictions about any sort of 'turn of the tide', though, that would be tempting fate far too sorely!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. HOW LOUD CAN I SHOUT YAHOOOOOO FOR SAMMY AND K!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

    Totally awesome, my friend! Too cool! (Are there enough superlatives????)

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Thanks - it was a pretty pleasing day, although it was rounded off by a rather crappy night shift at work. Still, R & R for the rest of today and tomorrow, and probably a visit to the estate agents to get the rest of the new tenancy process at least organised, if probably not quite finalised.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Six extra Marks is always good...oh, wait...

    Seriously, kudos and congrats are in order!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      I don't think K would trade even six Marks for her F - I might be tempted, though, if they were cute enough (and maybe even if they weren't!). Thanks for the approbation!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete