Friday 7 February 2014

Honesty

I've been sitting here staring at my keyboard for 15, maybe 20 minutes, with a post in mind. But I can't write it, even though it would be an expression of my honest opinion, because I can't face the prospect of any more opprobrium heading my way. Maybe it wouldn't, but I'm just not in a place where I want to take the chance. I suppose another element is that the story I was going to comment on has opened up some scars in my own psyche, things that have happened in my past, in some cases almost as far back as the events in the case I heard about yesterday. Who we are now is the product of our total life experience, obviously, and we have to live with the consequences of all those experiences, good, and, more to the point, bad. The price of total honesty, in my case, would simply be too high. I haven't got much left, but to lose what little is still there would be too much, far too much to bear. So I'll carry on hiding, as I have for so many years. It isn't much of a life. But at least it is a life.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment