Monday 10 February 2014

Interesting

Little - well nothing, frankly - as I know about American Football, I'll be interested to see what happens to this player. After Thomas Hitzlsperger, albeit at the end of his career, and Tom Daley, for someone to put his chances on the line at the start of his career is a very brave move. And one that deserves to be rewarded.
And, while I'm on a sporting tack, congratulations to Jenny Jones for winning GB's first ever Winter Olympic medal in an 'on snow' event. Snowboarding isn't a discipline I follow, but I'm still pleased for her, and for the country. And congratulations to Ole Einar Bjoerndalen for cementing his already legendary status as, arguably, the greatest ever biathlete by equalling the record for the most ever Winter Olympic medals.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. It WILL be interesting. Not to mention that an active (though Div. III - low division) football player came out, then his boyfriend at another university - a baseball player - asked his team if they'd seen the news, and added, "yeah, well, I'm dating him". When you add in Tom Daley, and so many of the others, I think we're approaching critical mass. Once the stigma of coming out in sports it pretty much behind us, the rest will come, too. (I hope.)

    And congrats to Ms. Jones, and Mr. Bjoerndalen, I saw the news and am very happy for them, as well as for ALL the Olympians!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      You'd hope that something as irrelevant, in context, as sexual orientation would make no difference to a sportsperson's career (or, indeed, anyone else's), but that certainly hasn't been the case hitherto. The higher the profile of the sport, though, the better, because it might make some realise that LGBT people are, shock, horror, just like them in every respect apart from who they choose to love.
      I thought Mr Bjoerndalen might have broken that record today, but he contrived to come fourth! I've been a fan of his for years, so I hope he does acquire another medal from somewhere in the coming days.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete