Friday 23 May 2014

Geographically challenged? And a resemblance

According to some Serbian Orthodox Church functionary, the severe floods affecting his country at the moment are God's judgment on Conchita Wurst winning the Eurovision Song Contest. Given that Wurst is an Austrian, does this mean the supposedly omniscient sky fairy isn't actually all that well up on Central European geography, given that Serbia is 300-odd miles south east of Austria?
And speaking of (at least potentially) dangerous buffoons, I saw Nigel Farage, the leader of UKIP, being interviewed on the BBC News channel while I was on my break at work this morning (although I did have the foresight to have muted the sound, so I didn't actually have to listen to the pillock), and I was struck by his resemblance to Homer Simpson. That a party of xenophobic morons should have picked someone who looks like a legendarily stupid cartoon character as their leader strikes me as pretty appropriate, really.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you've seen the pictures of the Russian Orthodox Church leaders in their dresses denouncing a guy in a dress.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Just one more piece of evidence for my belief that organised religion is nothing more than institutionalised hypocrisy.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
    2. Yes, for sure.
      Jay

      Delete