Wednesday 21 May 2014

Wednesday evening in the North

In the Ultima Thule north of Greater London, that is, in the suburb where my local is, the last place before you fall out of the Oystercard zone and into the darkness of the shire counties. There was some shouting and bawling before, fuelled by an excess of alcohol, needless to say, but it's quietened down again now. Daniel is here, the first time I've seen him for a fortnight or more, wearing a wig - which doesn't suit him at all - in connection, seemingly, with some sort of charity event that was happening before I got here, but he's ignoring me, hardly a surprise. Another ghost, albeit in a slightly different way than usual. Now there are blue lights flashing outside, maybe the row that was going on in here before has spilled onto the street, but I can't see or hear what's going on, and, frankly, I don't care. All human life - and some subhuman life, apparently - is here.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Interesting evening it seems! I try to have one of those occasionally. Seems I fail more often than not.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Interesting, I guess, but not in any particularly positive way. I just drank too much and let it all wash over me, really. Disconnected from the world and its doings, as usual.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete