Monday 12 May 2014

Very sad

I didn't know when I wrote yesterday's post, but when I spoke to K on my way to work last night, she gave me the news - her cute boyfriend has dumped her. Not exactly the best preparation for her first academic GCSE exam tomorrow (aside from the English exam she took before Christmas, of course). I really feel sorry for her, because she'd invested a lot in the relationship, and I feel even more sorry that I couldn't be with her, to give her a shoulder to cry on, if that's what she needed, or, at the very least, a big hug. All I could do was to let her know I'm always here for her, and always on her side. And, of course, that I love her to bits. And it won't be too many weeks until I can really be around for her, to be a proper father again.

Love & best wishes to all (but especially to K)
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sammy,

    Yes, it's sad, but almost inevitable at that age, no?

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      It's true that few people remain with the boyfriend/girlfriend they had at 15/16, but that doesn't make the pain of rejection any less fierce. I'm sure K will move on, and hopefully go on to find someone with rather more staying power, but that doesn't mean I'm not sad to see her hurting at the moment.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Yes, it is sad, and I know how hard it is on teens of her age. It's not easy watching them ache from a dumping. But teens are resilient, and given her prospects, I am pretty sure she will be courted again soon! So look out, daddio!!! And of course you're sad. You wouldn't be dad if you weren't.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I know this kind of thing is part of teenage life, and I'm left hoping, but not necessarily believing 100%, that K can be resilient - this is the second time she's been dumped, more or less out of the blue, in a year, and self-confidence and self-esteem aren't her strongest suits (she's not her parents' daughter for nothing). Ultimately, though, it's her life, and her business, and all I can do is, as I said in the post, to be here for her, to whatever degree she's willing to accept.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete