Saturday 24 May 2014

Life is full of new experiences

Nothing too mindblowing, but new, nonetheless. I've spent the past three-quarters of an hour in my local, listening to my favourite album of all time on YouTube, namely The Piper at the Gates of Dawn by Pink Floyd. I can't remember ever listening to a complete album on YouTube before, and certainly not in the pub. No doubt there was some kind of copyright infraction involved, but I do own two copies of the album, so I don't feel like too much of a criminal!
I arrived here a couple of hours ago, looking for a lift of some sort, given that I wasn't feeling all that cheerful - I have to admit that I was hoping to see 'smiling boy', but that was never a realistic option - but losing myself in music has been a reasonable 'second best'. Whatever gets you through the day can't be all bad.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I do loves me some Pink Floyd. Most all of it, quite frankly, with the old standard Dark Side of the Moon at the top of the list. But Piper is quite nice, too!

    I guess your favorite bartender wasn't working either...

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Daniel was around actually, but as a customer, with a gaggle of (seemingly) family members, rather than on duty, though. Staff discount, and all that, no doubt!
      Piper is, as I said, my number one album ever, because Syd Barrett is my all-time musical hero. And because it's a stunning album, in my proverbially humble opinion.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete