Tuesday 13 May 2014

There are times....

....when you feel like a complete dork. And lunchtime today was one of those times for me. After some weeks of procrastination, I finally got around to making my way to the nearest main Post Office to the flat, with a view to renewing my driving licence (they have to be renewed every ten years over here, a nice little earner for the government, given the £20 renewal fee). The guy behind the counter asked to see my licence, because I didn't have all the paperwork he expected me to have - and amusedly announced that my licence was valid until 2021! I was absolutely convinced that I hadn't renewed it in 2011, but evidently I did, on January 19 of that year, to be exact. I have still got to send the licence off for my address to be updated, but that's free, apart from the postage. Oh well, it wasn't the first time I've made an idiot of myself, and I very much doubt if it will be the last!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. That's a good one! But I've done the same sort of thing. Double pay a bill, try to renew when it's still good (that with my Amateur Radio license)...guess it's an old folks issue! (But doesn't your license have the expiration date on it?)

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      The date's on there clearly enough, albeit in rather small print, but I didn't even look, because I was so convinced it was out of date! A definite 'senior moment' - needless to say, it gave K a good laugh!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete