Monday 19 May 2014

Insignificance

Having painted myself into my corner of isolation, I suppose I should neither be surprised nor complain. Even so, I can't help but feel the pain of the knowledge that the number of people who would be materially affected if I dropped dead tomorrow can be counted on one finger. And even that last link will soon be gone, two years maybe, five at the most. Then I will be, in Orwell's coinage, an unperson. Removed from the stream of history, my existence forgotten. Fitting, I suppose, for a wasted life.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I see you are feeling very down at the moment. There are others of us who care, Sammy. Not family per se, but kindred souls. I'm not sure how raising K into the great young lady she is means you've wasted your life. I could say the same about mine, but hindsight is apparently not always 20/20.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I was feeling low yesterday, in the face of a couple of moments when my circumstances were brought into focus, rather than anything actively 'happening' to affect my mood. K is her own person, and I view anything I do, and have done, as simply being part of a 'caretaker', or 'facilitator' role, allowing her to be herself and, hopefully, to fulfil her potential. To claim any more than that is self-aggrandisement, as far as I'm concerned.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete