Tuesday 6 January 2015

Not moving

I've just fielded an e-mail from the estate agents saying that the landlord has agreed to extend our tenancy on the flat by at least another year, and isn't proposing a rent increase, either, so it looks like K and I will be staying put for the time being. It means, of course, another year or more of time-consuming commuting for me, but I'm used enough to that now, and given that it facilitates K being where she wants to be educationally, it's a price I'm willing to pay. I would've moved, had the landlord either not wanted to renew, or had put the rent up substantially, but it wasn't high on my 'wish list' for the early weeks of the New Year. One less thing to worry about, at least once the paperwork is signed and sealed, which will, all being well, happen at the beginning of next week.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

6 comments:

  1. I hate moving house, almost more than anything in the world save a sharp poke in the eye. I intend to die right here! You should come on over and see the place sometime!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before I croak, that is!
      Jay

      Delete
    2. Hello Jay
      I'm certainly not a fan of moving, but sometimes it's unavoidable. Not this time, though, as luck would have it.
      And as to your invitation, I'm most grateful, but I'm afraid it won't be happening any time soon, for a number of reasons. One day, though, who knows?

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear you've gotten rid of that concern!

    Thomas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Thomas
      Thanks - having to find a new place to live certainly would've made the next few weeks uncomfortably busy, as this time last year was when I was arranging to move into this place.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete