Tuesday 20 January 2015

Oh, capricious muse, where are you?

When I got in last night, K was showing me the A-Level Photography work she'd been doing over the weekend (and very good it is, too), telling me how she'd suddenly gripped by extra enthusiasm for the project, to the extent that she's had to rein herself in and not do too much, given that she's got other subjects to consider as well. It took me back to almost two years ago, when my life was taken over by a similar, all-consuming passion for a particular endeavour, namely the writing of Alexandrine. It also made me realise that I've written almost nothing of consequence since - there have been a few false starts, but I simply haven't been able to follow on and finish anything, despite the fact that some of the draft stories have complete plots in my head, and just need a few words to hang onto the superstructure, as it were. I'd really like to get back into writing substantively, because it's something I enjoy doing, and perhaps have at least a small amount of ability in, it's just a case of finding the spark that will engender the '99% perspiration' needed to get the ideas out of my head and onto the computer screen.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Did you know Rent Boys was back? New name, new site, but T is back! https://theboysofsunset.wordpress.com/

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Yes, I saw David's blog this morning. I never got into Rent Boy, Twinergy was always 'my' story, but I might well give it another try. Which will, of course, give me another way to put off getting back to writing my own stuff!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete