Sunday 25 January 2015

The morning after

I got ridiculously drunk last night, or rather the early hours of this morning, the worst I've been for quite a while. It wasn't in any kind of reaction to yesterday afternoon, though, it was simply an accident. I called in at my local for an hour or so on my way home from work, but it was when I got indoors that the damage was done. K and I ended up in the kitchen of the flat, having one of our 'anything and everything' kind of conversations, and there was a bottle of wine in the fridge. There isn't now! K was far more sensible, she just drank two mugs of tea. The worst part about it is that I've ended up wasting a good part of my day off today - I didn't wake up until almost 10:30, and I'm still drinking my breakfast (brunch?!) coffee as I'm writing this. I don't get that many days off, so to spend one of them in an alcoholic coma, and its aftermath, is pretty stupid, in all honesty. Never again - until the next time!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. "Never again - until the next time!"

    May i use that? lol!

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      You're more than welcome!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. I agree with Andy! I, too, occasionally overindulge. And I agree with you, too, Sammy, losing half or more of a day off to a hangover simply sucks!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I got myself out of the flat eventually, and after a couple of 'hairs of the dog', I'm feeling much more human! Pity I've got to go home soon, to prepare for the first of eleven straight 'stupid o'clock' starts in the morning!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete