Tuesday 13 January 2015

Signed and sealed

The deed is done, I've signed up to an eighteen month extension to the tenancy agreement on the flat, which takes us beyond the end of K's time at her school. That done, and given the twin disincentives to meandering of a bus strike (although 'our' bus, the one that stops outside the flat, is running normally) and some pretty unpleasant weather, I've decamped to my local, which will, of course, now retain that status until the end of summer 2016, at least. They'll probably be sick of the sight of me by then!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! Surprised you could get an 18-month lease. Over here, it's almost always one year at a time, unless you pony up extra money up front (quite possibly because they think you'll break the lease and they'll have to sue you).

    I'll bet the local will LOVE you! (Is the good looking young bartender still there?)

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It was the estate agents, presumably on the landlord's behalf, that mentioned the possibility of a longer lease - I was expecting 12 months once more - and as 18 months suits me better, I put it forward as an option, which was accepted.
      I'm sure the local will love my money, and, yes, Daniel is still around, but is as standoffish as ever. Sensible guy!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete