Tuesday 24 March 2015

Anathema

I've just clicked on an online story I hadn't looked at before, and clicked away again after the very first paragraph. This is a subject I've written about before, but it's something I feel very strongly about, so I make no apology for revisiting the topic. It was obvious from the language of that first paragraph that the young character mentioned there was undoubtedly going to be abused, possibly raped. And even though I know it's fiction, no more real than the stuff I write, for example, the idea of writing or even reading a story where boys are coerced, objectified, hurt is something I simply can't countenance. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would say what I want, a consensual, loving relationship, is just as hurtful and damaging to boys as being raped, and long experience has taught me that once people have made their minds up on this subject, it's all pretty much set in stone, but I have what I consider to be a moral sense, and I would never, ever knowingly hurt a boy, in any way. And reading about people who would, or even want to fantasise about it, is, to me, simply anathema.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. I HATE any thought of rape. Period. No exceptions. In that, we are 100% on the same page of music.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      As I said in the post, even the fictional version repels me. Whatever else I or anyone else might say about me, one thing I will never be is a rapist. I simply wouldn't be able to live with myself.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
    2. Absolutely. It only serves to hurt people. Live people. Why write about shit like that?!?!?!?!

      Peace <3
      Jay

      Delete