Tuesday 17 March 2015

King Crimson!!!

As it now says - including the gush of exclamation marks! - on our kitchen calendar against a date in early September. I heard a snippet on Planet Rock just after 4:00 this afternoon about King Crimson having added 'extra dates due to demand' to their UK tour. Shit! I didn't even know they'd announced a UK tour. But, after ten minutes or so of slightly frantic internetting, I had the booking confirmation for the purchase of two tickets, for K and I - yes, she has inherited her father's inclination towards prog, and even thanked me for introducing her to the genre, when she was about 8, not so long ago - to go to one of their London gigs. They have arguably become my favourite band in recent years, and they're undoubtedly the band I've never seen live that I most want to see, so I'm certainly more than happy to get the chance. Roll on September!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Well, bully!!!

    Will Adrian Belew be with the group?

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      Sadly not - I remember seeing an Old Grey Whistle Test King Crimson session including Belew years ago, and he was exceptionally good. There are quite a few other former members of the band I wouldn't have minded seeing, either, but if all the 'old boys' turned up at once, there wouldn't be room for an audience!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Awesome! The boy and I are seeing a Pink Floyd cover band in May, first big time concert in a long time for me.

    King Crimson is awesome!!! You all are going to have a GREAT TIME!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I've already got my day off booked for September - no way I was going to take a chance on missing this gig! K was almost as excited as me when I told her about it, too. If the cover band are a quarter as good as the real thing, you'll have a great night - I was lucky enough to see The Wall the first time round in the early 80s, and it's still, by far, the most technically brilliant gig I've ever been to, even if it isn't quite my all time no.1. It's in the top 2 or 3, though.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete