Sunday 8 March 2015

On the downhill side, finally

It seems to have taken forever, but I am now, at least, past the halfway mark of my run of early turns - five down, four to go. I'm mind-manglingly tired, though - roast lamb, roasted baby potatoes and veg will be on the table for K and I in about twenty minutes time, and once the meal is done, I strongly suspect I'll be asleep in pretty short order. I know it's in a good cause - i.e. for my daughter - but it doesn't get any easier to convince myself to keep doing it week in, week out. Still, no point moaning about what I can't change - except to get it out of system, I suppose!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Moan away! You've read my moanings, too, we're all in this rut together!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm sure the 'moaning quotient' in my blog is far higher than yours! I was right about falling asleep last night, though, even my darling Xander couldn't keep me awake (yes, I'm reading the story again!).

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. I think, from all I've read so far, "Alexandrine" is probably one of, if not your best story, so far. I'd like to think that somewhere in a far off parallel world, that story had been made into a blockbuster movie.

    Warmest Regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      I'd like to think that, maybe, there might be a parallel world where love between a man and a boy might be so unremarkable that no-one would give it a second thought, still less want to make a film of it. If the universe is infinite, such a place will certainly exist, as it isn't excluded by the laws of physics. Would that I could buy a ticket to get there! And thank you so much for your kind words.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete