Sunday 29 March 2015

Welcome to British Summer Time

The clocks went forward overnight, marking the start of British Summer Time. And, guess what? It's pouring with rain this morning, and forecast to rain all day. Welcome to the great British summer! Seriously, though, we are actually only a week into spring, and the clock change is welcome as far as I'm concerned, heralding the onset of lighter evenings, even if, being on lates all this coming week, I'm not immediately going to benefit from the phenomenon. Extra cutie-spotting time, here we come!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I think we need to do away with all this clock changing. WAIT, NO! Less eye candy time! HAHAHAHA

    Seriously, it does NOT save energy, it merely changes energy usage to another part of the day. I hate the "spring forward" that costs me an hour of sleep!

    OK, OK, I love the "fall back" that gives me an extra hour of sleep! HAHAHAHAHAHA

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      There have been a number of proposals to do away with the clock change over here, to leave us on GMT +1 all year, but they always seem to be scuppered by some interest group or other. There is, as you say, only a given amount of daylight on any particular day of the year, but my vote would certainly go towards having more of it later rather than earlier in the day.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete