Thursday 5 March 2015

When is a trough....

....not a trough? In the case of my current state of mind, when I got to a point when I was too bloody tired to think about it. Nothing has changed, nothing, assuredly, has been resolved, but after two early shifts, I'm so shattered that my brain only seems to be functioning on an autonomic level. And I've got seven more 'stupid o'clocks' to go. As I said to K last night, I think I'm getting too old for this kind of endurance test, but I can't afford to give it up. Work until you drop, then disappear into the remorseless dustbin of history, unlamented, unremembered. Ain't life grand?

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Right behind you, Sammy!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Maybe some day I'll be able to retire disgracefully, but I'm not holding my breath in anticipation at the moment!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. To paraphrase Camus...

    Life is a shit sandwich, and each day you take another bite.

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      I'd agree with that to a point, but I'm getting to an age when I feel mortality pursuing me more worryingly, and that feeling is leading me to the conclusion that there aren't enough hours left in my life to waste them getting up in the middle of the night to go to work. Sadly, my bank balance tells me a different story!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete