Tuesday 10 March 2015

Another of those coincidences

I was listening to Planet Rock on my little pocket DAB radio on my way to work this morning, when the song Caroline by Status Quo came on. They play the track often enough, but, on this occasion, for some unknown reason, it brought to mind my brother's first serious girlfriend, from when he was around 14, who shared her name with the song. It's been years since I've thought much about her, although we were quite friendly, strictly platonically, even if I have to admit that I was somewhat attracted to her, mostly, I think, because she had, at 14/15 as she was then, a distinctly 'boyish' physique. And that leads very neatly into today's coincidence. As I got off of the bus outside my local, forty minutes or so ago, and crossed the road, I passed a beautiful boy, 13 or 14, crossing in the opposite direction. And he really was very reminiscent of Caroline, in looks, colouring and physique, albeit, of course, in a masculine key. Would that I could be half as friendly with the boy as I used to be with the earlier girl, but, needless to say, it's very unlikely that I'll ever see him again. Another 'ghost', but one with a kind of indirect backstory.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! And yes, that happens. It's happened to me when I saw a doppleganger very early bf of mine, about a year ago. Now we've reconnected virtually (the old bf and me), so it's even more fun!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It was certainly an unusual one, a boy reminding me of a girl I hadn't thought about for years, all in less than twelve hours. And I'm glad you've got back in touch with your old friend in a way that is right for you both.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete