Thursday 26 March 2015

Midweek sleepover

Unusual during the school term, but K had a friend stay over at the flat last night - they'd been to a gig, and it would've been tricky for her friend, who lives in East Surrey, to get home afterwards. To be fair, K was up in good time for school this morning, helped by the fact that she doesn't have to go in until 10:00 on Wednesdays and Thursdays, sixth form privileges, and all that, while the Easter holidays at her friend's private school have already begun. K's own Easter break doesn't begin until the end of next week, and, sadly, it looks like I'm going to be working for almost the whole two weeks, so 'quality time' is going to be thin on the ground. K was talking about going to stay with her mother for part of the time, anyway, although things have gone quiet on that front in the past few weeks - my ex has been keeping a pretty low profile of late, with me, certainly, and seemingly with K as well. It's her call, at the end of the day - if she wants to get in touch, she knows she can, but I won't be forcing the issue. Maybe, three years on from our split, a 'new thing' is finally taking shape, possibly for both of us.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I sure do love how you are living such a normal life with K! Sleepovers, travel, school, breaks...YAY FOR NORMAL!!!

    I am taking some time off (can't you book holiday time?) during our 1 week spring break - a Thursday-Friday-and then Monday to drive 380 miles - to visit family and friends.

    So glad things are reaching a new normal with the ex. That's a good thing.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I try to give K as much licence to live her own life as I can, while still keeping (I hope) some light-handed control on things, particularly in terms of making sure her education doesn't suffer. It seems, without wishing to tempt fate, to be working reasonably well at the moment.
      I have booked a week off at the end of April, to coincide with my birthday, but the way things are shaping up, it looks as though I'll only have three days off between now and then, Easter Sunday (just because it happens to be a day I would be off anyway, rather than to mark the occasion), and two days at the end of the following week. I hope your forthcoming break and trip goes well.
      I'm not really sure where, figuratively speaking, my ex is settling (I know she's living in her home town, of course), because, as I said, I simply haven't heard from her recently. For me, though, that extra degree of separation isn't unwelcome. I might not have anything resembling a new relationship, or any prospect of one, but what is perhaps the final stage of letting go of the old one is, as you say, a good thing.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete