Monday 23 March 2015

You can take the boy out of the night shift....

....but you can't take the night shift out of the boy! Not yet, anyway. I finished my week of nights just before 7:00 this morning, I haven't been to sleep yet - that would've been a complete waste of one of my rare days off - and I am, frankly, knackered. I did meander a little bit this afternoon, and even saw a cutie or two, but it wasn't long before I subsided into my local, where I'll doubtless stay until I start literally falling asleep. I'm off again tomorrow, but my return to work on Wednesday will mark the beginning of a run of 11 straight late shifts, so I'm determined to make the most of my clear Tuesday. Whether my good intentions come to anything remains to be seen, though!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. They work you like a dog! ELEVEN STRAIGHT DAYS!!!! Yeesh!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, by the way, the ONE thing I like about my job are the hours: 1300GMT-2130GMT (8AM-4:30PM EDT), M-F... no call ins, no expectations outside those hours.

    For that, I am profoundly grateful. More than anyone can know.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm certainly with you on the 'on-call' stuff - my entire career path has been designed around two unbreakable principles, namely that I never have to work outside, and I never have a job where I have to be on-call. As far as my upcoming run of days is concerned, it is partly down to me, because I made myself available to work my two rest days next week, and we're short enough of staff that I was always likely to work at least one of them, and, in the event, I've ended up working both. Still, the next time I finish nights, in five weeks time, I'll have a much better break, because I've booked the whole week off, for no better reason than my birthday falls in that week. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete