Wednesday 29 April 2015

Amusement

I've seen a couple of things while I've been out and about today which amused me. The first was a poster in the window of a card shop, bearing the logo 'Don't grow up, it's a trap' - a quick web search just now suggests it's pretty well known, but I hadn't come across it before, and it made me laugh, even if, on reflection, its humour has a rather mordant edge. There's certainly no escape from that particular trap, anyway. The second item was unintentionally funny, and then only, perhaps, to someone with my rather offbeat sense of humour - a job advert, in the window of a taxi office, which said 'Experience controller required'. Had the (presumably!) missing 'd' been in place, it wouldn't have raised a second thought, but the idea of an 'experience controller' struck me as being thoroughly Orwellian, or open to any amount of double entendre, or both!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. "Experience Controller" - yes definately sounds like a creation of the thought police.
    Happy birthday, by the way. You've got a few years to catch up on me. Not many, but a few. Have a great birthday.

    Warmest regards - Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      Aarrgh, only two hours of my 'early fifties' left! Thankfully, the 13 year old geek who lives in my head is blithely ignoring the occasion, hence, perhaps, the 'experience controller' moment! Thank you for the good wishes, they're much appreciated.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. That's pretty funny! I love when an unintentional typo renders the mundane into hilarious!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Things like that have always tickled my 'funny bone', too, yesterday being no exception.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete