Sunday 5 April 2015

Left behind

In my local, last orders have just been rung, and, for the first time in a long time, I fancied a short. So I asked for a spirit that virtually every pub, even the grottiest backstreet dump, used to sell. But not my local, evidently. In fact, my server, cute Daniel, had pretty obviously never even heard of it. So I've ended up with another beer. I've never been any sort of follower of fashion, but it seems that even pub culture has left me behind! I'm irremediably old, apparently!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Cute Daniel? Any signals? Signs? Gaydar pings? ;-) And what did you order? Just curious!

    Don't knock our style, there. I go for "frumpy". HAHAHAHA I did "dress up" for today's excursion 2.5 hours south to Raleigh, NC for a hamfest. (My good jeans, custom made callsign shirt, new trainers.) LOTS of eye candy from the fast food joint we got breakfast in (TWO gorgeous younger teens) to the show itself where there were more things to give me whiplash than I've ever seen at an expo of this type! WOOHOO! I almost hated to get back in the car for the return trip!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      The drink I ordered, to Daniel's bemusement, was Pernod. I did get a 'professional' smile from him, but that's all. I don't, as I've said before, possess anything resembling 'gaydar' but I'd still be amazed if Daniel doesn't 'bat for our team'.
      I seem to have been inundated by eye candy in recent days - school holidays, and all that - but most of the cuties have been much too young for anything other than sighing over. Glad you had a good day, though.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete