Thursday 30 April 2015

Threescore years less five

So, here I am, arrived at the halfway point of my time as the eponymous quinquagenarian (don't worry, I've already got a revised title for the blog lined up, should it, or indeed I, last another five years - what a sad, pretentious bastard, eh!). Needless to say, I don't feel the least bit different from how I felt yesterday, and I haven't done anything different, either - I've been out and about, been treated to some (mostly touristy) eye candy, fallen in lust at least once (with a very cute boy by a bus stop at the Trafalgar Square end of Whitehall), and now I'm in my local. I hoped K would be well enough to come out for a birthday meal with me (not necessarily here), but it's not to be - she is feeling better than earlier in the week, but still a good way short of 100%. So, it's just me, the Kindle, and a few beers - and I'm determined to make the best of it. Happy Birthday to me!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! I am glad K is feeling better, and also glad you've had good weather, and YOU are feeling better! Good day for a birthday. Happy birthday, again!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Thank you - it wasn't a bad day, really, the icing on the (virtual!) cake being in the form of a little cutie in the pub, who I've seen three times in the past few weeks, and who has smiled at me each time. Twice, last night. My cup runneth over!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete