Wednesday 1 April 2015

April already

Many people, at work and elsewhere, commented about how quickly last year seemed to pass, which was very much my perception, too, and it appears that this year is going the same way. It hardly seems any time at all since we were seeing in the New Year, but now, all of a sudden, it's April! And it's not, certainly from my point of view, as though anything much has happened - most of my 2015 so far seems to have been spent at work. In part, that's why my blog posts have been rather short and thin on the ground of late - there are only so many ways that you can say 'went to work, came home, went back to work again'! - but, over the past couple of weeks, my 'writing time' has been substantially occupied by a different 'project', which, hopefully, is within sight of completion. It isn't nearly on the scale of its almost two year older brother, and probably won't be to many people's taste, apart from mine, but, ultimately, I'm selfish enough, largely, to write for my own amusement anyway, so if, as is likely, it sinks without trace, that's the way it is, and no hard feelings.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I base my "years" on 1 July thru 30 June...the school fiscal year. Funny how government employees have a very different calendar from the Gregorian standard we all follow! I can't believe we are 9 months plus into 2014-15! It was rather eventful for me, given my ggle nuking and my subsequent rise from the ashes, along with RB and me becoming so close!

    It's great you are writing again! I will read it for sure!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Calendars are all pretty much arbitrary, of course - there's no particular reason why the year should begin on January 1 rather than any other day of the 365 - so following one that fits with your life rather than unthinkingly conforming to the norm is not only possible, but eminently sensible.
      The 'new' story is rather like Alexandrine in one sense - I began it well over a year ago, wrote a few paragraphs, then stalled, before returning to it recently and finding it gripping my imagination far more than it had originally. The plot is all there in my head, and probably three-quarters of the words are actually written, so it shouldn't be too long before I hit the 'publish' icon. It won't be for everyone, though, I can guarantee that!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete