Thursday 17 June 2010

Another dance with the muses

I began a new story for 'Nephelokokkygia' last night - I was really fired up when I started, thinking I might be able to go straight through and finish it, but that proved to be decidedly optimistic, so I'll be carrying on later today. This one is quite autobiographical, albeit with enough details changed to allow it to qualify as fiction, but the events it's based on happened a long time ago, anyway, so I don't think it will ruffle anyone's feathers too much.
Apart from that, yesterday was quite a lazy day - I get days off in midweek some weeks, to compensate for the fact that I work 3 weekends out of 4 - spent watching the latest matches in the World Cup and indulging in a few beers, for the most part. There are advantages and disadvantages to working the kind of roster that I do - days like yesterday, enjoying myself while most people are at work, are on the credit side, but I'm working this coming weekend, which means I'll miss our annual local regatta, always an enjoyable event. You can't have it all, I suppose.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Ah, another story coming. I look forward to it with great anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    I've been plodding along with the story this afternoon, not sure if it'll be finished today now, though - I've got to get up at 4:00 in the morning, so it's an early night for me tonight!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete