Saturday 26 June 2010

Off to the big city

Of all the times I would've expected to hear about the outcome of a job interview, Saturday afternoon would've been pretty low on the list. That's what has happened, though, as I've just had a call from the manager who interviewed me a few weeks ago, offering me the job. Needless to say, I've accepted, even though it will mean being away from home for something like two-thirds of my life for the foreseeable future, partly because it will involve a big pay rise, but mostly because it will get me away from the torture chamber that is my present job. I'll be working in Greater London, but not too centrally, which will make access, and hopefully affordable accommodation, less than insurmountable problems. Exactly when I'll be moving is yet to be decided, but shouldn't be more than a couple of months hence. It's nice to get a bit of good news, for once!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sammy! I was hoping you would get good news from that job interview. I hope this will turn out to be a positive change in your life. I don't understand about the moving though; will the whole family be moving? Or are you just going to be arranging accommodation for yourself near the job for while you are away from home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    It will just be me going 'up country' as the locals around here say. My wife enjoys her job, my daughter is in a good school and is happy there, we've got a nice house and we like living in Cornwall - it's only me and my job that's the bugbear! Thanks for the good wishes.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete