Saturday 12 June 2010

Made it through the nights - nearly!

It's been a really nice day today, weather-wise, but that hasn't been of overly much benefit to me, because I've been in bed for a good chunk of the day, preparatory to my final night shift of the week. I don't, as it happens, mind night shifts too much, it tends to be fairly quiet most of the time and we get paid slightly more than for daytime shifts as well, but it isn't a time for much in the way of sociability - effectively, I spend one week in four out of mainstream life altogether, like being a part-time hermit!
When I first got into work earlier this evening, I completed the set of observation of examples of 'window of attractiveness' candidates which has been ongoing for the past couple of days, with the boy, the one who, if I believed in the concept of souls, I'd happily sell mine for. He really is absolutely delightful, and with the exception of one other, who I only ever saw twice, getting on for 30 years ago, the most attractive, to me, person I've ever seen in my life. Call me shallow, but it really makes my day every time I see him.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Appreciate the beauty when you see it. It is nature at it's best. It is a fleeting thing, they only stay that way for a short time. In retrospect it seems to be only for a blink of the eye. The nice image can stay burned in the mind forever though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    The mental photograph album is already well stocked - another year, maybe two at the most and he'll be grown up and changed forever. Good for him, though - he'll no doubt have the ladies falling at his feet!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete