Sunday 13 June 2010

Uncertainty

I'm feeling decidedly unsettled, almost nervous, at the moment. My wife is unhappy about something, but she won't say what the problem is - in fact, she's telling me that there isn't a problem, but I'm far from convinced. I don't think that I'm in the frame, but after recent hiccups between us, I can never be quite sure. I'm fairly tired as well, given that I never go to bed during the day after my last night shift - although I didn't finish work until 7:30 this morning, today is classed as a day off for me, and I have no wish to waste my day off by spending it asleep - so that has perhaps got a bearing on my agitation.
One item which is certainly adding to the general atmosphere of limbo, if not outright uncertainty, is that I'm still waiting to hear about the outcome of my job interview a fortnight or so ago. I was told at the time that there would be some delay, because one of the other candidates had to have their interview rescheduled, and I wouldn't be suicidal, by any means, if I didn't get the job, because if I do, it will mean being away from home a good deal of the time, but I'd still rather know one way or the other.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I used to hate that feeling. I never could tell what was on my ex-wife's mind. She would let things build up to the crisis level before she would tell me what was bothering her. It would have been far better to discuss them at a lower level.

    You have really got to get a reasonable amount of sleep. If it means sleeping on your day off, do it. Fatigue from lack of sleep causes all kinds of problems.

    I hate being in limbo over things like you awaiting the results of your job interview. That really is stressful. I sure hope things go the way you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    My wife's mood probably wasn't, in the event, quite as dark as I was imagining. She still has the worry of her mother's health, and she's been very busy at work recently, so I think this morning/early afternoon's downbeat time was probably as much due to tiredness - hers and mine - as anything. I'm used to staying up after nights, I've been doing it for most of my adult life - I've always worked shifts, and your body can and does adapt. I did have a bit of a power nap, 20 minutes or so, this afternoon, which has freshened me up considerably, so I'm looking forward to getting through the rest of the day and then having a good night's sleep. Thank you for your concern.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete