Saturday 5 June 2010

Exhale

All quiet on the western front, no idea why I was so jittery, and so on and so on. It turned out to be a very quiet evening at work, to the point where I kept looking at the clock and thinking "this must be the calm before the storm, there's still 4 hours to go", then 3, then 2 and then the night shift man arrived and it was all over. I doubt that they've put anything in the water to change anyone's behaviour in my absence, so I'll just accept the good fortune and move on.
I have to admit I've been thoroughly blokeish since I got home - I've awarded myself a couple of cold beers and spent the last hour and a half watching some sport on TV. I just felt like switching my brain off this evening, so I have!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, Sammy

    I'm really glad to hear this evening went well - I think it's quite understandable for you to be jittery beforehand, after your last Friday evening at work.

    Some beer and TV sounds like a good way to wind down. I hope you have a great weekend!

    *hugs*

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good weekend, Sammy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mark & Brian
    Thank you both - I've got to go back and have another go this afternoon and evening, but it's always the first of anything that elicits the most trepidation. Having got through that first shift, hopefully subsequent days will just return to being routine - not that I'm wishing to tempt fate, of course!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete