Thursday 24 June 2010

The fruits of a good decision

I've had a nicely laid-back day today, doing a few domestic things, and, most importantly, not being at work, today being the first day of my long weekend. I was asked to work an overtime shift today, but it was a late shift, so, given the difficulties with the local populace around my workplace, I politely declined - and that was a few days ago, before yesterday's hiccups. As I drove back from doing the weekend shopping at lunchtime today, at around the time I would've been getting ready to go to work had I agreed to do the overtime, I knew I had made the right decision, for once in my life. Money is the universal lubricant that can make your life run more smoothly, but there are limits to the ends I want to go to for the sake of earning a few extra pounds.
I've been dabbling with another new story for 'Nephelokokkygia' - not the comedy I alluded to a few days ago, that rather ground to a halt, although I may revisit it at some point, but what I might best describe as a very offbeat love story. The only problem I've got is that I don't quite know where it's going at the moment, although I do like the basic idea - I'm writing in a fairly logical sequence, but the overall plot is rather vague - vague to the extent that the story hasn't even got a title yet. If it's got a life, I'm sure it will become apparent, but I'll reserve judgement for now.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment