Tuesday 22 June 2010

A picture

I was so pleased today when I looked through the blogs I follow, to find a lovely post on DJ's blog. He's drawn a delightful picture, and posted it as a 'Thank You' to people who've commented on his blog. As I'm one of those he's mentioned, I'm really feeling a warm glow at the moment. No-one can ever be sure about anyone they've only encountered online, but DJ seems like such a nice young person, with a wonderfully generous nature, especially given his difficult domestic circumstances at the moment. Some of the things he's written about just make me want to be able to reach through cyberspace and give him a big hug, just as I would give to my daughter if things weren't going well in her life. If I could wave a magic wand and make everything right for DJ, I wouldn't hesitate - of all those I've encountered in blogland, he's the one I most wish the best for.

Love & best wishes to all - and especially to DJ
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about DJ that you do. I am proud to have been included in his list too.

    The really great news is the post JJ just made. He went to his parents with his blog and email problems and, together with them, has come up with a great set of new rules. The best thing though is his new attitude: if he gets something bad now, he is not going to be upset, he is going to be mad. He will take it with fire in his eyes to his parents and expect them to go after the bad guy, which they will. As suggested in a comment on his previous post, he is not going to let the bad guys win! We are seeing him learn and mature right in front of our eyes. How great is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brian
    I've seen JJ's post, and I'm pleased that he's still going to be around, and the fact that it's on his terms is all the better. My immediate reaction on seeing via my 'reading list' that he'd changed his mind wasn't positive, but having read his full post, I think you're right in that he's coming back with a more robust attitude, backed up by his parents, which will hopefully make it supportable for him while still giving us the pleasure of his company in blogland.
    DJ just seems to have the combination to my deepest paternal instincts - even though I've never met him, and am never likely to, I really feel as though I want to protect him. How he would feel about that, of course, is another matter entirely!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete