Friday 21 June 2013

A bland post

Because I haven't got the wherewithal, yet, to set myself up as a target once more, I'm not going to blog about a subject, judicial in nature, that has had me fuming, intermittently, over the past couple of days, although that was my original intention. Trial by tabloid, again. That's all I'm going to say at the moment.
I had to traipse out to the hospital, by public transport, again this afternoon, just for a blood test to monitor my early response to my rat poison. A three hour round trip, for a test that induced the medical powers-that-be to change exactly nothing - I'm on the same dose of the medication, and still injecting myself, until Monday, when I'll be heading back over there again, to have the process repeated. There was one piece of encouragement, though, on the way back - for the first time in something like two and a half months, I managed to walk from the station, which also doubles as the local bus terminus, back to my accommodation without having to stop through breathlessness, a walk which only took three or four minutes longer than what I would consider to be the 'usual' time. I realise that it's not exactly on a par with climbing Everest, but it is a definite sign that I might be on the way back to something resembling normality, and not before time. That said, I was feeling pretty lousy again for quite a bit of yesterday, so I hope it's not a false dawn.
Another little moment of brightness came my way on the outward journey, in the shape of a very cute boy, one of a group of four near the station as my outbound bus to the hospital passed. He was about 12, give or take, very good-looking, with lovely, DBJ-ish hair. The nicest piece of eye candy I've been treated to for weeks, given my health-induced incarceration. If the nice weather, and my relatively reasonable condition carries on into the weekend, I might even risk a trip to town, probably on Sunday. There's plenty that can intervene to put the kibosh on that idea over the next couple of days, though, so I'm not getting my hopes up yet. It would be nice to be able to admire a few cuties, though - I'm sure it would help my psychological well-being, even if didn't do much for my physical recovery!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad they didn't change anything, that means maybe they got it right the first time! YAY for the practice of medicine!
    And YAY for the walk. I know I feel the same way after an illness, just the illusion of normalcy helps my psyche!
    Double YAY (YAY YAY) for eye candy. I was treated to some along my lines at the gym the last coulpe of trips in, but I didn't want to cause your heart to go pitterpatter so I didn't mention it! HAHAHAHA

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It was an encouraging day yesterday, but it was only a step along the way. I don't know about tomorrow's eye candy outing, though, I've woken up to find it cool, grey and wet this morning. The great British summer, part 576015 (or thereabouts!).

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete