Monday 17 June 2013

Another Monday morning

But, rather than gritting my teeth in the face of a new working week, like most people, I'm still in hospital for an indefinite period. Enduring the goriness and discomfort of the chest drain seems to have paid dividends, though - after losing something like three and a half litres of fluid in eighteen hours, before it stopped working for reasons the doctors haven't fathomed yet, I'm coughing a lot less, even if it's still uncomfortable for me to take too deep a breath. I should be seeing the consultant this morning, so, with any luck, discharge strategies will be on the agenda. I don't suppose that I'd be doing anything greatly different at my accommodation than I'm doing here - i.e. resting and internettting - but I would, at least, be doing it in my own space, and without the constant to and fro of people I have to contend with here. And without the hospital routine - the medication round has begun, breakfast to follow, and so ad nauseam. Getting out of this hamster maze is looking more attractive by the moment!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOOO glad it's working! Improvement is awesome. I, too, hope you escape, as long as you promise to not overdo it until the doctors clear the way.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Things are happening, in here and elsewhere. Another Monday post will appear in due course.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete