Thursday 6 June 2013

It's not all bad....

....just most of it. I could be in here for up to a week again, and, given how I feel at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if it is that long. I've got fluid in and around the lungs, something that is a known side/after effect of pneumonia, apparently, and which the doctors are trying a couple of approaches to dealing with. I won't find out any more until the morning, but I'll have some questions when I do next see a doctor.
There are and have been some brighter spots during the day, though - my brother kindly came up again this afternoon, collecting the key to my accommodation and going to bring some things I needed up here, most notably my Kindle and charger so I can stay on the air. There was a cutie moment earlier, too, on the ward I was on before I was moved to where I am now in late afternoon, visiting his father who was admitted last night. He was another of the 'too young to do anything but coo over' contingent, but, as I've said more than once recently, any oasis in my current 'boy desert' is more than welcome. The best thing of all, though, is that I can log into the hospital WiFi this time around, which I couldn't do at all on my last stay, so I've got pretty good internet access, although I've already found that they block anything deemed to take up too much bandwidth, so most videos are out. I'm sure I'll manage, not least because I can still use my phone as a WiFi hotspot if need be. One way or another, I should be able to keep up to date with my usual cyberspace haunts this time around.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Tell 'em to get a ShopVac. They do water and fluid pickup! Quicker than medicines! But perhaps a tad more painful since you either have to swallow the 3" diameter pipe or they have to cut a rather large hole in you. HAHAHAHAHAHA

    Hope this round of hospital helps!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm certainly hoping that my issues are definitively sorted out this time, by whatever means - I have no ambition at all to be in and out of here like a yo-yo. As I said in the post, I'll be quizzing the doctors today to see what they've got in mind, and what the timescales are.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete