Friday 14 June 2013

I'm sure I've had this conversation before

The one with my designated consultant at lunchtime, that is. I first spoke to him last Friday, and was told that they wanted to carry on medicating me with a cocktail of stuff to try and do something with my symptoms, now, a week on, and with me feeling only marginally better, if at all, I'm hearing it all again. The only slight difference is that he's now saying that I might have a chest drain put in on Monday. So, the delightful prospect of another weekend in here awaits me. I can barely restrain my enthusiasm. Such tests as they've done show that the underlying infection is responding to the antibiotics, but only slowly, so I guess that's one item of good news, but it certainly doesn't look as though I'll be back at work any time soon. I updated my boss yesterday, with what little I knew at that point, and he did raise the possibility of his visiting me today (no sort of special treatment, by the way, but company policy towards those on long-term sickness, a category which, after five weeks, I now officially occupy), but given that it's now after 4:00 on a Friday afternoon, I think it's safe to say that I won't see him before Monday at the earliest.
Well, here endeth the medical bulletin - I hope those of you who have some free time, and the wherewithal to use it, have an enjoyable weekend.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet you are going stir crazy, Sammy! I know I'd be! At least the infection is abating, now if they can just drain you dry (oh, that has some interesting connotations), you might get to get outta there. I hope so.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I've inured myself to the idea that the process of getting fixed is going to take as long as it takes, and if that means me staying in hospital far longer than I would ideally like, then sobeit. I have to admit, though, that without my Kindle and the hospital WiFi I'd probably be climbing the walls!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete