Thursday 27 June 2013

Mixed

One of those days with good and less congenial elements, mostly around my health, and matters arising. I had to traipse up to the general hospital yet again this morning, in connection with my warfarin treatment, to find the clinic was busy and running late. When they did get around to seeing me, though, it was to impart the news that they seem to have settled on a dose of the rat poison, at least for now, so that I don't have to give myself any more injections, and it was also arranged that my next blood test can be taken in the small 'community' hospital in 'domicile-ville', which will be much less disruptive and time-consuming. The backlog of patients in the clinic, though, meant that I emerged just having missed what is only an hourly bus service back towards base, which led to me making a decision that was probably ill-advised - I decided to walk from the hospital to the nearest station, and make my way back by train instead. The distance of the walk was about twice as far as from my accommodation to my local station, something which, a couple of months or so ago, wouldn't have been any sort of problem, and, indeed, I completed the (admittedly flat) distance in reasonably good time, but at the expense of feeling absolutely washed out. By the time I'd caught the train back, and done some shopping at the 'domicile-ville' end before catching the bus back to base, I was really feeling pretty ropey, and I've spent the subsequent four hours or so slumped on my bed, although I am starting to feel a bit better now. An indication, I guess, of how much this illness has taken out of me, and of how far away anything resembling a full recovery still is. I've got to venture out again, to see my GP, in the morning, but that should be routine, mostly around making sure the repeat prescription for my medication is up to date, so that I can get the pills I'm deemed to need. Assuming I'm not feeling too under the weather, I might very well go up to town after the appointment - I've got a couple of things I need to do, and a little bit of eye candy wouldn't come amiss. I can't see a change of scenery doing too much harm, either. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sammy, please don't feel bad because your trek wore you out. When I tore a cartilage in my knee, and couldn't exercise it for 8 weeks (except some weenie stuff in physical therapy), I lost soooo much. Took me weeks to get it all back. So please be patient.

    It's good to hear that the docs are satisfied with your progress. That is a good thing. I keep my fingers crossed that everything with you goes well each and every day.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I wasn't so much disappointed as surprised as to how much the walk, and the rest of the journey, took out of me. I've been relatively inactive for around the length of time you were, apart from the enervating effects of the illness itself, so I suppose I should've expected it, really. A case of what qualifies as 'reasonable expectations', I guess.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete