Saturday 29 June 2013

Rest day

Despite the fact that it's a considerably nicer day, weather-wise, than it was yesterday, I've decided to stay in and conserve my resources today. Two reasons, really - firstly, I have been pretty tired after what the past couple of days have taken out of me, but secondly, and more significantly, I'm going to embark on a long day trip tomorrow to meet up with my daughter. I'm not going all the way to Cornwall, but certainly three-quarters of the way, which means that the round trip on the train, alone, will take the best part of six hours, before we add on the shopping and lunching which will take up most of our time together. It'll be worth it, though - I haven't seen her for almost two months, and after our little hiccup last weekend, I'm hopeful that meeting up will complete any repairs to the lines of communication between us that might still be outstanding. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing her.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day is planned. That's awesome! Hope it all goes well, and your pocketbook isn't drained from the shopping.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I think some cash will hemorrhage, because K has contrived to lose her 'smart' phone, so a new one will doubtless replace it. I've hardly been in a position to spend any money on anything recently, though, so I'm not too stressed!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
    2. HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's a good one! "Contrived", eh? I can't figure out these teenagers, they can't live without the damn things, but can't keep up with them either. One of my co-workers had the same problem with her university freshman daughter - she left it on a bus. Guess what? She got her brother's old flip-phone until she could raise the money for a new smart phone!
      Peace <3
      Jay

      Delete