Monday 17 June 2013

Not just another Monday, after all

Things have happened in the last few hours, both on the health front, and my more general situation. The consultant, when I saw him this morning, was happy with the effects of my chest drain, and I am certainly feeling better than at any time in the past couple of weeks. There are still a few loose ends to be resolved, but, with any luck, I should be discharged tomorrow. There will be some outpatient appointments in due course, but, unless anything unforeseen happens, I'm hopeful that my escape will be a bit more definitive this time.
I might even be back at work next week, albeit probably only on light duties initially, and I've also had some unexpected news on that front - an e-mail from our HR people suggesting that they wanted to interview me early next week for the job I applied for two and a half months ago which, if I got it, would allow me to move back home. I didn't know at that stage about my likely discharge, so I've asked them to rearrange it for a later date, there being no immediate indication of that being an issue - I doubt I'd be at my best if I was interviewed on more or less my first day back after six weeks off, so if I can play the system a bit, to my potential advantage, then that's what I'll do. It's been a pretty difficult couple of months, so the prospect of events swinging my way a bit is welcome, to say the least.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck with everything.

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      Thank you - nothing's signed and sealed yet, not even getting out of here, but grounds for optimism, if nothing else.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. That is AWESOME ALL THE WAY AROUND! It's about time you had some positive in your life!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I'm certainly ready for some good news, but it's tempered with the knowledge that it's all only potential at the moment. Still, as I said to Andy, I'm trying to be optimistic - for once!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete